Sunday, August 17, 2014

Getting Out of Bed to Exercise in the Morning

It is Sunday morning and as I write this I am a little disgusted with myself for not getting out of bed early enough to go for a morning run before the dog day’s heat sets in. I can always go at sundown but I actually like running better in the morning…it’s just that I don’t like getting out of bed in the morning. So as luck would have it I came across an article that listed 5 ways to trick oneself into getting up in the morning. The first trick was to wear your exercise clothes to bed. Even if it would save time in the morning this one isn't happening for me. Trick two was to get a friend to ‘tweet’ you in the morning. I don’t ‘tweet’ so this won’t work for me either. The third trick was to keep mints in your nightstand and pop one in your mouth when the alarm goes off to make one more alert. I could do this one and my dog and cats would be happier with my morning breath too, I suppose. I am actually considering popping one in my mouth and giving one to my dog to counteract his morning breath. Trick four about the alarm clock is a tough one. Two years ago when I retired I unplugged my alarm clock, the one I’m supposed to put far enough away from the bed that I have to get up out of my bed to turn it off or hit the snooze. Even without an alarm I wake up with the chickens so trick four isn't happening. I am not planning to plug in the clock. The last idea was interesting to me, when you hit the snooze button (if you plug in your clock or as in the case of many, set an alarm on your phone) use the 7 to 9 minute snooze window to give yourself a pep talk. I am all about positive self-talk. This one and the mints in the nightstand are my keepers from this article. I’ll let you know how they work for me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!