Sunday, August 31, 2014

Mayo Doesn't Need to be Refrigerated!

Seriously, even after opening mayo doesn't
 need to go in the fridge. This subject came up last time I was visiting my husband in the Bahamas and I found mayo with other condiments (like mustard) left out on the tables in the chow hall and not taken in to be stored in the fridge at the end of mealtimes. Then I saw the mayo/ refrigerator issue mentioned on MSN. I’m really not a mayo fan anyway but seeing it out on the tables at room temperature in the chow hall pretty much cemented my dislike. I thought the main ingredient in mayo was mostly eggs and I know they require refrigeration. I was told as a child that mayo would spoil in my lunchbox, hence there began my long love affair with the pb&j sandwich for lunch on school days. But as far as the need to refrigerate mayo after opening goes, I was wrong. If you look in my fridge at home however you will find the mayo (and the miracle whip-which does require refrigeration after opening) on the top shelf on the left or in the door by the mustard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!