Saturday, May 31, 2014

Temporal Landmarks

Temporal landmarks such as birthdays and significant calendar dates like New Years’ Day, and even Mondays structure our perception of time, and have implications for identity and motivation, especially in relation to future oriented goals. These positive goal setting behaviors associated with temporal landmarks have also been called the Fresh Start Effect and I have found myself needing a lot of these lately. So even though Monday’s are often maligned as the beginning of the work week and even though I’m retired I still get that Monday morning feeling. Mondays are also often one of the best days for something good, a fresh start be it quitting smoking or renewing your fitness goals. So why am I blogging about Monday on a Friday night (and posting it on a Saturday morning)? I guess it’s because it is easy to abandon my own fitness goal’s fresh start I got on Monday over the weekend and I don’t want to do that. Of course being in the Bahamas with the beaches all around and so close for walking, biking, and swimming it just seems easier to make the effort to stick with fitness goals even over the weekend. After the weekend it’s just more Monday, Monday, so good to me…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!