Saturday, May 17, 2014

Little Lizard Scare

This wouldn't have been so startling if we hadn't found a dead lizard at the threshold of my bedroom here in Blue Heaven (our little blue house in St. Pete). Jonas and I were feeling sad for the poor little guy and I figured he just dried up after coming in and not being able to find his way out. We properly disposed of him (ashes to ashes) and said some words that hopefully would send him from Blue Heaven to lizard heaven and then went on about getting settled for the evening. So this morning when I saw a lizard in the bathtub as I was stepping into the shower I just figured there was another unfortunate fellow that made the same mistake and couldn't get back out. I was thinking Blue Heaven might be like the Hotel California for lizards when suddenly that little guy came at me! Before I could get past my Eek! he made his getaway diving into the bath tub drain. He got plenty of water there for the next 20 minutes at least! Back to feeling complacent and refreshed from the shower I went to raise the blinds in the front room (so Fred, our pooch) could keep an eye on the goings on in the neighborhood when I got my second little lizard scare. We have the paper folding blinds that you clip up with white plastic clips (that come with the blinds). These blinds fan fold up (or down at night when even Fred is asleep) and when I went to fold them up something (you guessed it) jumped out and ran over my hand and into the pillows on the bench below the window. He felt dry so I figure he was friend of the fellow in the bathroom. I didn’t even move the pillows to look for him further, but instead retreated to my chair by the window to type this blog. From here on out though I am going to be careful lest I discover any more of these little lizards. Who knows where else in Blue Heaven they may be lurking in wait to give me a scare!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!