Tuesday, April 1, 2014

4-1-14

Interesting date today, digit wise, 4114 is nicely palindromic. Days with these kinds of digits and beautiful weather always appeal to me and it really does feel like spring has finally sprung around here. I hope it isn't an April Fools’ Day joke. The other numbers that appeal to me today are 63 and 64 because they are the plot numbers I have been assigned in St. Marys’ Community Garden and I have spring gardening fever pretty bad. Maybe that’s because the winter was a rather chilly one here or maybe because I prefer the outdoor spring planting to the traditional indoor spring cleaning. Either way, here is the 411 for (or 4) the St. Marys’ Community Garden. It is over by the fire station by the city airport. They have water and a couple of donated tillers. There are also still spaces available for gardening and many plots already planted. I did have a bit of a time getting in contact with the people running the program, but that was more about me missing the obvious than anything else. I called city hall and they connected me to the fire station and unable to get answers I emailed St. Marys’ Earth Keepers who replied right back with a number for one of the gardeners. So today when I drove over to meet him I passed the sign at the entrance with a phone number for info, duh! For me sometimes I am truly oblivious to the obvious, but I am excited about growing some fresh veggies and flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!