Friday, March 14, 2014

My Favorite 
Happy Pi Day!

This year the date (today’s date in digits) has the first four digits in Pi as it has for the last few years, but next year it will have the first five, 3.1415. Pretty cool in my mathematically minded opinion. Pi is an irrational number that on your calculator goes on and on in a seemingly random sequence. In elementary school we used it in formulas dealing with circles and their areas, circumferences and such. In my gastronomically minded opinion Pi day (today) is a good day to indulge in a nice slice of pi…e. If sweets, like cherry, apple, or pumpkin pies don’t tempt there is always the old standby, a nice big deep dish pizza pie or the comfort food stand by, chicken pot pie. Pie (the sweet side) was also a part of Pi Day in my classroom too. And even though I’m out of school these days I still like Pi Day. As a matter of fact since it is Pi Day I am planning to celebrate by indulging myself and going for both, pie for dinner and dessert. Happy Pi Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!