Friday, March 7, 2014

Gators on the Highway

It seems like there are an awful lot of these on the interstate these days. I am not talking about the members of Gator Nation, easily recognizable by the Gator stickers on their vehicles either. I’m talking tire tread pieces from blown tractor trailer tires. My husband ran one over coming north on 95 at night and it tore up the undercarriage of his car. I had my son check my tires for air before making my own trip south down 95 in that same car because the mechanism that warns of low tires was permanently damaged by the road gator. One tire was low so it was a good thing he checked and we got to talking about running over gators. Seems he had the same problem on his way into work one early, crack of dawn morning. After he ran the gator over he pulled over and got out of his truck to make sure it was ok. It didn’t seem fazed as it proceeded to finish crossing the on ramp. That’s when I realized we weren't talking about the same kind of gators. Guess there are more gators on the highway to watch out for than I figured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!