Saturday, February 1, 2014

White and Aviation Orange

This is my new favorite color combination. Orange has always been a favorite of mine and I like Aviation Orange too. Every time I pass by the aviation orange and white checked water tower here in St. Marys I am reminded of another on Andros. When I visit there that white and aviation orange checkerboard painted water tower is the landmark that I use to find my way back whenever I’m out walking with a pup named Sailor, not that there is anywhere too distant on the base there. The color scheme on water towers has more to do with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations rather than the military though. Water towers are usually deemed hazards to aviation and required to have the paint scheme or an expensive electronic navigation obstruction aid and paint seems like the easiest way to go as far as maintenance and expense is concerned. Apparently these checkerboard water towers can be found in other places around the USA. I plan to be on the lookout for them in my travels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!