Sunday, February 2, 2014

Happy Groundhog’s Day!

If you live in the northern climes this blog’s title salutation may seem a bit sarcastic since the great weather prognosticating groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, did see his shadow and therefore predicts six more weeks of winter. This prediction appears to eerily match the weather channel’s forecast of more wintry weather for those same parts of our nation. On the other hand, we have a conflicting report from General Beauregard Lee, Atlanta’s (and the South’s) prognosticating groundhog. General Lee did not see his shadow on this foggy morning (and for that matter neither did I) and he predicts an early spring. I am hoping he has it right and I don’t see why not. We can easily have an earlier spring than our neighbors to the north as evidenced by the last frost dates in many an Old Farmer’s Almanac. In the meantime while I wait and wonder if the General’s prediction will come to fruition, I think I’ll finish planning my spring garden and get those snow pea seeds soaking. That’s the only kind of snow I’m considering starting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!