Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lincoln
Yesterday was Lincoln’s birthday and even though I was looking quite Lincolnesque sporting my beard etc. I am as usual a day late on the topic. I am not worried about this though because celebrating Lincoln and Washington has been lumped into a President Day midway betwixt the twos birthdays and I figure that gives me free reign to celebrate whenever I want to. So here are a couple of interesting known facts about our 16th president.
Abraham Lincoln didn’t drink or smoke.
He liked cats and he let his cat eat at the White House table.
Abraham Lincoln has no direct living descendants today.
He was the first president born outside the 13 original colonies.
Abraham Lincoln was the first president with a beard.

So Belated Happy Birthday, President Lincoln! My beard hat’s off to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!