Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Turbulence

So keep your seat belt buckled.., I’m paraphrasing Anya from my last time I flew the short hop over the Atlantic from West Palm Beach to Andros with her and thinking to myself, Get ready for it, because the skies are becoming more turbulent and the rides bumpier. Global warming is the reason the skies are becoming more turbulent for fliers and because I am a fairly frequent one I am already figuring this out first hand. It can be tricky to crochet too, especially at lower elevations (especially near landing). Turbulence develops when air at one altitude is travelling faster than the air below. Scientists using climate models figure that the amount of turbulence in the future will increase as carbon dioxide levels increase and the jet stream will migrate slightly northward into the path of many flights now. This increase in turbulence will have more effect than just a queasy stomach or a dropped stitch for passengers like me. It will also cause more wear and tear on the aircraft itself and that will cost the aviation industry. Those costs will more than likely trickle down to us too. Still I am looking forward to my next jaunt over to the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!