Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Obesity in $$$

As if being fat isn't bad enough now it’s costing you (or in my case – me) more money! I’m not just talking about the price of fast food either. Health care costs for things associated with fat are on the increase. Fat increases your blood pressure, cholesterol, and can cause apnea. Drug costs for all these heart related conditions increased from $59 to $225. Diabetes and metabolic disease medications associated with extra weight increased from $31 to $364. Belly fat is the culprit or at least one of the biggest contributors to all these issues so getting rid of the belly fat that is toxic and builds up around the internal organs is the place to begin with in the big fat scheme of things. The bad part for me is that although I do not love my obesity, I am comfortable in my own skin, at least until I have to squeeze into an airplane seat or stand on the scale after my bags are weighed so I can be seated properly for the plane to fly safely. The numbers don’t face the others in line so there is no embarrassing reveal, it’s just uncomfortable. I don’t figure it’s nearly as uncomfortable for the skinny people getting on the flight. If they did this with the bigger airlines’ airplanes I can imagine the fuss might be bigger and the lines longer than they are now too. That said as much as I’d like to save money on my power bill I wish I was as dedicated to saving on my obesity bill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!