Monday, December 23, 2013

Time

Seriously, I am running out of it! This always seems to be the case around the holidays. I was reminded of this issue of time once again when I was chatting with a neighbor this morning in St. Pete. We got on the subject of how time speeds up after you reach a certain age. I can verify that this is true. I have been reading a lot about time and its relationship to space and how different the role of time plays in quantum mechanics versus relativity and suffice to say time as we know for all practical purposes appears to be a device created for and by, you guessed it, human beings. While I have enjoyed reading about quantum mechanics and space-time, I find it isn't easy to explain and not nearly as interesting to other readers as it is to me. Depending on your scientific theory time either is or isn't fundamental but when it comes to the holidays it is fundamental, necessary, and for me, running out. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve after all so my time for working on this blog is up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!