Friday, December 20, 2013

Take Time to De-Stress During the Holidays

This is it, the countdown to the holidays and lots of times in years past I let the stress get the best of me. Yesterday I took time to do something I hadn't done in quite a while and it was just what I needed since I am traveling this weekend and I’ll admit it, the holidays have a way of torquing
 up my stress level. This project wasn't totally time consuming because part of the time I was waiting and watching paint dry. I actually did the usual things I do rather than actually watch the paint dry between the background and the foreground, but sometimes taking a time out to do something you love, for me it would be painting, can be just the right thing to get you back on track. As I worked on this painting I was totally focused on it, shutting out distraction and worry. When I finished the background I was surprised by the passage of time, it didn’t take me long at all. I went back and added the foreground before I went to bed. The picture didn’t come out like I had pictured in my mind’s eye. The colors came out brighter but the process felt great and I like the end result. Now I just hope it looks as good on the wall as it does on the dining room table! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!