Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Nut House

Reading about the lady that was arrested for stabbing her common law husband with a ceramic squirrel for not bringing home any beer on Christmas Eve reminded me of the ceramic nut, topped with a ceramic squirrel of course that we used to have before our house fire in 2009. My parents were into buying nuts (still in the shells) as I was growing up around the holidays and I guess that goes with the nutcracker ballet that is always so popular around that time of year too. We always had a few nuts in our stockings. Then there is also a pecan tree in the yard across the street from us and many times (over the past 30 years) we would collect the nuts the real squirrels didn’t get and one year I boxed up a bunch and sent them to my brother and his family in Bolivia. In the return address I just wrote The Nut House and our address. Long after I asked him if he’d ever received the box of pecans and he said he did but he always wondered where the Nut House was that they’d come from. That made me laugh. As for our little ceramic nut and squirrel, it sat by our fireplace quite happily for years and no one was ever stabbed with it, I am happy to report. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!