Sunday, December 22, 2013

Holiday Travel

Holiday travel has become a little bit more than over the river and through the woods to Grandmother’s house these days. The main thing is to not let it turn into a holiday travel nightmare. Traveling with young children, any children including in my case grandchildren, takes planning. Before even attempting to get on the road I got my car serviced and that is something to consider making an appointment for in advance because my regular place was swamped with people like me making plans for holiday travel. Breaking down on the road is bad enough but when you add kids to the mix you have the ingredients for a travel nightmare, so getting your trusty sleigh, I mean car ready for the trip is important. Packing for me is easy and I like to get the kids involved in packing for themselves too. They are really good about charging up their electronics and bringing various games and chargers. It pays to check the rest of their luggage to make sure they have enough underwear, low priority compared to earbuds. Proof would be that my 13 year old grandson is wearing a couple of swipes of my Secret deodorant today, but at least he packed his toothbrush. Car snacks matter too and I find easy to peel tangerines or other kinds of fruit don’t lead to sugar fatigue and general crankiness. I also like to have a couple of plastic grocery bags along for trash and since our dog is a good traveler and a part of our traveling family, the bags come in handy for his deposits at the rest area. The most important thing to keep in mind about holiday travel is that for the most part it isn't about the journey, with holiday travel it is really all about the destination so, if you, like me, are traveling this holiday season, I wish you safe a trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!