Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mondegreens and Cronuts
My husband, kids, and even grandkids like to make up their own mondegreens, and then force me to listen to them as they sing them and giggle, making them true mondegreens by definition, misheard lyrics! I know that was quite a run on so let me give you a couple of examples.
The grandsons change Lady Antebellum’s – Need You Now to need to pee and sing it loud. Even though they are all middle school aged they revert to fourth grade humor every time this song comes on the car radio.
My husband changes You’re 16 - Ringo Starr to this: You’re my baby, you’re my pet, we fell in lust on the night we met. You touched my hand...and of course he has a rhyming substitution etc.
But my all-time favorite mondegreen was created by my son Chris and his cousin Betsy, about 30 years ago. Queen’s – We Will Rock You became: You got mud on your face, you big disgrace. Somebody put bacon all over your face.
Now to connect this to Cronuts, New York’s latest craze, a hybrid croissant roll-donut which is in such great demand that there are actually cronut scalpers that stand in line for them and then resell and even deliver them for outrageously inflated prices. I saw a photo of the line of people waiting for cronuts (limit two per customer) and I immediately thought of Seinfeld’s Soup Nazi episode. So here’s my idea: Slice that cronut like a bagel and slip a couple of slices of warm crispy bacon in there, take a big bite, and this breakfast will rock you!

Ok, maybe I need to eat breakfast before I blog in the morning… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!