Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Dignity Down Under

When I say dignity down under, by down under, I’m referring to underwear rather than under where. I read about the Dignity U Wear 2013 Undie Campaign in the news briefs in the Jacksonville newspaper. Yes, I’m referring to underwear and news briefs in the same sentence butt seriously, this Jacksonville based group collected a record 170,000 undergarments this year, 50,000 more than last year. These articles of clothing, including socks, bras, underwear, and undershirts will ultimately benefit school children, homeless and wounded veterans, and women in crisis through Dignity U Wear’s network of 300 social service agencies throughout the country. I found this and more at their website: Dignity was founded in 2000 by an extraordinary person; philanthropist and Holocaust survivor, Henri Landwirth.  “I know what it means to stripped of personal dignity,” he says, “to not have clothes of one’s own and to give up all hope.  When I see people suffering indignities, I know we have to help: and through Dignity U Wear, we do.” The nonprofit also generated $25,000 in monetary donations and I think their mission to provide new underwear, a foundation for basic human dignity that is easily taken for granted by someone like me, is a worthy one. See more at: www.dignityuwear.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!