Friday, February 20, 2015

When You-Know-Where Freezes Over!
Despite the recent onset of memes on FaceBook menacing who ever complains first about the heat this summer, I find myself tiring of the cold. That’s because it has finally happened. Not when pigs fly, but rather when you-know-where freezes over and of course I mean Niagara Falls! This actually doesn't happen every year but it manages to make the news when it does. In all honesty I must say here that I have never actually visited Niagara Falls, frozen or not. I have been to several waterfalls though, in Hawaii, Waimea Falls, in Michigan, Tahquamenon Falls, and in Georgia, Amicalola Falls. I saw some falls in Alaska also but never have I witnessed any frozen waterfalls. I have enjoyed seeing waterfalls and listening to the rush and roar of the cascading water, but as I mentioned previously I am tired of the latest polar vortex, arctic air mass, or wintry blast, whatever the weather folks are calling it. I will be content this winter to enjoy seeing Niagara Falls in all of its frozen splendor from the comfort of my own home, wrapped up in a snuggly blanket, in front of my TV or computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!