Monday, February 2, 2015

A Tale of Three Groundhogs

Happy Groundhogs’ Day, I wasn't planning on blogging about the weather prognosticating rodents but I finally gave in. Our regular weatherman (the human kind) predicted thunder and lightning and rain today but he was mistaken. We had a light sprinkle early this morning but after that the sun came out and the skies have been sunny and relatively clear. So I got to thinking basically if the human meteorologists can’t predict the weather, maybe the groundhogs can. I turned to my usual sources of info (MSN and other internet news sources) for the groundhogs’ reports. Punxsutawney Phil in the far (from me in South Georgia) reaches of Pennsylvania predicts six more weeks of winter. He obviously saw his shadow when rudely yanked from his cozy abode and as we all know this is a true weather indicator. I figure old Phil is easily as accurate as the TV guys. I was fine with six more weeks of winter until I heard about Georgia’s prognosticator, General Beauregard Lee. He predicts an early spring. I live in Georgia and I am even readier for an early spring. The third prognosticator, and perhaps the smartest of all, is a groundhog named Jimmy that resides in Wisconsin. He not only predicted an early spring (couldn't see a shadow at all) but showed his displeasure for the rude early awakening by biting the mayor on the ear. So between the three the prediction is 2 to 1 for early spring. I’m with Jimmy and if he’s wrong don’t wake me up early to look for shadows for at least six more weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!