Friday, February 13, 2015

Paraskevidekatriaphobia

Today is the day for this, a morbid, irrational fear of Friday the 13th. Along with not being able to pronounce the name of this phobia I also find it difficult to spell. Numerous analyses of accident and hospital visit data shows that Friday the 13ths are no more dangerous than other days, but for some reason this particular day gets a bad rep. Maybe it is the combination of Friday, known for being an unlucky day for a long time…since Jesus was crucified on a Friday, and 13, the floor number that many hotels and skyscrapers skip completely. The number 13 has its own phobia name too (Triskaidekaphobia), so there is that. I think 13 can be a good kind of luck when you consider a baker’s dozen. Either way, I am not superstitious about Friday the 13th. I have been too busy crocheting hats leading up to it for the Mardi Gras and St. Marys Express craft booths tomorrow. So I’ll end this here and go count and organize my hat inventory. I already know I don’t have 13 of any one particular kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!