Saturday, January 3, 2015

Old Tech Pack Rat-ism!

So I read today that old tech pack rat-ism isn't necessarily a bad trait. That’s probably a good thing because I have a bunch of old tech hanging around. I really work at railing against pack rat-ism by purging stuff now and then but not so much with old tech stuff. Lots of times I find myself still using old tech (probably because I am in the old category myself). Anyway, old electronics are full of toxic stuff like arsenic, lead, and cadmium. These poisons don’t need to find their way from the landfill into the water table etc., and if you trash them they might. Then there is the personal data that you may no longer access on your old tech but other more tech savvy identity thieves could access. If you don’t want to be an old tech pack rat (like me) you can find appropriate ways to end old tech clutter, just recycle, repurpose, sell the stuff or donate it. So even if being an old tech pack rat isn't necessarily a bad thing you don’t have to be one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!