Friday, January 16, 2015

And So It Begins…the Zombie Apocalypse, Maybe

Yesterday added going to the computer fix it store to my already busy list of places to go and I ended up going twice. The first visit was painless and short. My grandson’s laptop keyboard needed replacing and the new keyboard we’d ordered had come in. The removal of the old (with an uncooperative spacebar, four, and six) and addition of the new took only minutes done right at the counter before my very eyes. While the computer guy was affecting repairs I chanced to mention the long line I’d noticed in front of the AT&T store just down from the computer store. What’s going on over there, I asked? The computer guy never even looked up from his task, rather he just shrugged and said, Maybe it’s the start of the Zombie Apocalypse. I immediately figured it was a good thing I was driving my Honda because our other car has a Zombie hunting permit (no bag limit) on the bumper and with a line that long even a dedicated hunter could be in trouble. Even though I have the permit I have zero Zombie hunting experience and I’ve never watched a single episode of the Walking Dead. I wondered if Zombies came out during the day or did I have them mixed up with Vampires. Then I decided that since the day was truly nasty and overcast, it was probably a perfect day for either. The real surprise didn’t turn out to be the Zombies at all, but the fact that I didn’t have to pay for the computer repairs, since the bill was usually taken care of at the time of ordering, according to the computer guy. So after taking a last, at least last is what I figured at the time, glance at the line of Zombies as I drove out of the parking lot and on to my next stop (Walmart), Zombies and Vampires completely slipped from my mind. I could say that a strange psychic pull called me back (a second time) to the computer store, but the truth was as I was leaving Walmart my cell phone rang and it was the computer guy calling to let me know he could find no receipt showing that the keyboard repairs were in fact paid for, so could I stop back by and pay. Once again I pulled into a parking spot in front of the computer store and once again there were the Zombies. This time they were accompanied by one of St. Marys’ finest with lights a flashing so I had no reason to fear the Zombies or Vampires, whichever. I just paid the repair bill and wondered what was going on at AT&T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!