Monday, January 12, 2015

Gas Never Going over a Dollar Again?

I must be tired because this- Gas Never Going over a Dollar Again?-is what I read even though what the MSN headline actually said was- Oil above $100? Never again,-according to some Saudi Prince as he waved to the cameras with a big smile. Must be that I heard the price of gas in Jacksonville and Tampa has dropped below the $2 mark, that and wishful thinking. It was $2.07 here today and has steadily dropped a penny or two every day for quite some time. All this got me wondering when gas really did cost less than a dollar. So I looked it up and the last time the price of gas was under $1.00 in the United States was the week of March 15, 1999. The average price of gas per gallon was 97 cents back then. But the last decade in American history in which gas prices consistently averaged less than $1.00 was the 1970s. All my children were born in that decade and we did travel quite a bit by car back then, now that I think about it. I don’t think we will see those consistent low gas prices, less than a dollar, again but as tired as I am right now, I could say, one can always dream…because I could easily be dreaming in my sleep momentarily. That’s why I'll end this blog post here with a big yawn and say, Good Night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!