Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Low Hanging Fruit
When I think of low hanging fruit, especially around this time of year right in my own neighborhood, you may have guessed it, I think of citrus. Orange is not only my favorite color, it’s also the color of the fruit that’s ripening in yards all around town. The last couple of cold snaps we've
 had just makes this local low hanging fruit even sweeter. I find it the perfect complement to an early morning walk.
Now for the other low hanging fruit that I read about on the news. Apparently because actual low hanging fruit (on actual trees) is more easily obtained by children and the vertically challenged (myself included) the phrase low hanging fruit has become synonymous with targets or goals which are easily achievable and which do not require a lot of effort. In the news a Republican was accused of going after low hanging fruit when she tweeted off some negative comments regarding our President’s daughters and their dress and demeanor during the annual pardoning of the turkeys during the recent Thanksgiving holidays. This rather than taking on higher hanging fruit like the President’s policy on immigration, Obamacare, or even the President himself fits better with the more recent definitions of the phrase low hanging fruit.

I guess ironically enough in an offbeat kind of way, I have finally found some common ground with Republicans via low hanging fruit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!