Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hot Honey

Hot Honey is apparently a new thing and all the latest buzz in culinary circles. Some are even calling it the new sriracha. And you may have been thinking I am referring to my husband (he says hope springs eternal) but in this case I am not. This hot honey is created by bees. I tasted it this weekend at the St. Marys Community Market and I think our local honey man Dan is on to something wonderful. He used ghost peppers to bring the heat to his local honey and that heat sneaks right up on you after you taste the sweet. I tried drizzling some Dan’s hot honey on a peanut butter and apple sandwich and boy did it liven my lunch up. I also put it on cornbread fresh from the oven and it was the perfect compliment. I can only imagine how delicious hot honey will taste on wings, at least until I make my next foray to the commissary for some chicken. In the meantime if you find you like to add a little sweet hot zing to your menu like I do, I recommend you try some of Dan’s Hot Honey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!