Thursday, July 17, 2014

Where’s My Water?
The answer to this question yesterday was everywhere starting early with the summer storms, or so it seemed. My current grand in residence had the question emblazoned on his t shirt and he played a game with the same name on his tablet while in my hall bathroom (now renamed the ‘public’ bathroom…he always comes up with interesting renames, like renaming my fat cat from Honey to Tubby…but that’s for another blog post). Then it took 3 buckets of water after plunging to send the epic, you can guess, on its way and according to the same grand this isn't an everyday occurrence. I am thankful that he’s been accurate on that so far for this visit!

I have also been thinking about water in general (and drinking lots of it too) and read some interesting things about our world’s coming water crisis. I knew and know about how chlorine's use for disinfecting water is pretty universal and kills a wide range of stomach bugs and pathogens, but I did not know that the byproducts created can cause cancer. Adding activated carbon to water so it can remove the carcinogens created when substances react with chlorine makes water safer. Apparently the monopolistic, somewhat secretive water utility industry that insists that our drinking water is safe and healthy might be holding back in some things, namely the carcinogenic byproducts that may be present in our water. Maybe a there is more to be contemplated on this subject than the simple question, Where’s my water?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!