Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Glamping

This might seem a bit contradictory (alright, I’ll admit maybe even downright hypocritical) considering all my usual off the grid type blogs, but the next time I go out into the wild I want to try glamping (instead of plain old camping). I’m pretty sure the word glamping is a combination of glamour and camping and from what I've read it’s a fairly new term. The idea of glamping isn't new to me though. I once went to a math conference at Rock Eagle in north GA with a bunch of teacher friends that included one serious glamper named Mitzie. We shared a cabin with bunch of bunks (the rather lumpy striped mattress variety) that are also used by the 4H campers each summer and the one bright spot, not including the beautiful fall colors and crispness outdoors was Mitzie’s bunk. This girl really knew how to glamp from the fluffy pillows, sleep mask, snacks, personal playlist, and comfy coordinated linens and matching duvet to everything needed for a mani/pedi. That’s the kind of glamping I’m talking about! Granted I might need my own team of personal movers to accomplish this even a really nice blowup mattress (that has enough air and no leaks to keep my behind off the ground all night) in an air-conditioned tent might be enough to turn camping into glamping for me. My other requirement for any kind of camping is indoor plumbing, preferably with hot and cold running water. And visiting an exotic location is also nice... Maybe I should just forget about going glamping and go on a cruise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!