Friday, October 3, 2014

Some Stuff I Didn’t Know about my Passport

I read an article about 7 little known facts about passports and since I have one I figured I’d check it out. My passport has a chip in it (a biometric identifier-electronic picture of my face) as do all passports issued after 2007 and I had no idea. My passport is a traditional 28 page passport, but I didn’t know that I could get 52 page one when I renew or if it’s your first time ordering ditto-you can get 52 pages at no additional charge! I did know that passports need to be renewed every ten years because I've renewed mine once since 1999. My passport gives me free access to 172 countries, but some countries require 2 to 4 blank pages before entering. Fall is the best time to get a passport or to renew one because that’s when applications are at their lowest before Thanksgiving and holiday travel times. So fall is the best since passports get processed the fastest. Time to get busy if you are planning to visit any of those 172 countries and get your passport application in…and you can take your own passport photo (I wish I had) as long as it’s on a white background! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!