Friday, October 10, 2014

Found an Odd Obsolete Object in my Driveway

I walked out my front door last Saturday morning and there it was. Despite the fact that I hadn’t seen anything quite like it in the last couple of years I recognized it right away. Some memories are like that, lingering in the back of your mind, waiting to pop back into the present at the drop of a hint. It was early and foggy out yet I still I gave a quick look up and down the street before bending over to retrieve it. I tossed it on the bench in our entry way and went on to the kitchen to make some coffee without giving it another thought…until today. On my way to the throne I grabbed it of the bench, pulled it out of the plastic bag, and unrolled it. I noticed right off that last weekend’s headlines seemed a bit less sensational than the stuff that had been trending on MSN and such, as of late. There were live butterflies in a butterfly enclosure in Brunswick for CoastFest. A 12 year old boy saved his four siblings and mother from a fire that destroyed their home. Dancers, Bikinis, and Football, Too featured info and opinion on the Jaguars’ new swimming pools and other entertainment at EverBank Field during their last home game. A woman from Brunswick, Katrina Elkins, pleaded guilty to making a false statement to police officers and was sentenced to five years in prison. Ok, I may as well admit it, I miss the old obsolete paper copy of the news, newspaper, especially the Sudoku, the Crossword, and the Jumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!