Wednesday, June 25, 2014

TitleMotivation, Six Months ‘til Christmas, or Saw a Painted Bunting?

Motivation, Six Months ‘til Christmas, or Saw a Painted Bunting, have all been vying in my mind for today’s blog topic. I did see a painted bunting when I was at Crooked River State Park’s bird blind the other day with my great niece and it was the first I’d seen in more than two years. That made it a special event. I've been crocheting Frozen hats that would make great Christmas gifts for some little girls taken with the movie, even though I haven’t seen it yet (just a bunch of videos of different people singing Let It Go). I am a firm believer (and shopper) in the theory that it is never too early to get a jump on Christmas shopping and my hats are a great bargain at $10 a pop. Motivation is another topic I considered first because I am in continual need of it! I have lots of irons in the fire (crochet, painting, writing) along with a personal fitness goal that I am working to keep in the forefront so I can be healthy enough to do the other aforementioned for a long time! I’m just coming off a week of spending time with my twin’s granddaughter, someone he didn’t live long enough to meet, and it has been such a treat. In the 15 years he’s been gone I've always known I’d never see him alive again but while spending time with this little one I saw glimpses of what he was like when we were little and it was a wonderful surprise that I’ll always treasure. This reminder that life is so precious and does indeed go on was put right in the forefront for me this week. Over the years I've often thought of all the things I've done that my twin’s missed out on (like flying a plane, parachuting, kayaking, figuring out how to use an IPhone) and I realize that not ever having an opportunity to know his grandchildren is the saddest thing of all. Being healthy and able to spend time with the grands and greats is what I plan to consider the next time I need motivation for sticking with my fitness regime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!