Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Heat is ON!

I knew this day would come. I thought about it frequently enough when the weather was so chilly this past winter. Several times I specifically stated that I was tired of the cold damp weather and ready for the warm stuff. I knew then that when the summer finally heated up I’d be regretting that wish and instead wishing for cooler weather once again. In this I may as well admit it, I’m a hypocrite! Well that day has come because the heat is definitely on. At least after the sun goes down there’s still a little cooling relief that should last at least till we hit the dog days of summer, usually in August, when the temp doesn't drop much even overnight. So for now I guess I’ll just thank goodness for the beautiful summer beaches and sea breezes and cold watermelon and icy popsicles, during the day. I find I get pretty sweaty even when I go for a jog after dark so I’m also thankful for moisture wicking clothes. For all the times in between, I’m just thankful for good old fashioned A/C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!