Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father’s Day
An enigma is how I often think of fathers. Maybe because I don’t remember ever being close to mine. But over time I have been around quite a few fathers and it is pretty amazing how fatherhood transforms even younger, older, and sometimes less than responsible men into goo goo talking baby snugglers. I remember how my one son drove his newborn colicky daughter around and around in the car when she cried inconsolably because that was the only way to get her to sleep. I asked him if he was worried about getting tired from driving around the neighborhood most of the night and he said no, he was more worried about the car running out of gas. Then there are the men who step up to the plate and become role models for kids that they are fathers to in heart only. I have been blessed to have one of those in my life and in the lives of my children.

Next I think about fathers, how without them where would we mothers be? The answer is in a hard place because it isn't easy playing both roles and in almost any circumstance two parents are stronger and better than one. That said I wish a happy day to the single struggling mothers too. May you find good men (positive role models) for your kids to identify with and look up to. They are out there waiting and willing. Coaches, Kung Fu instructors, uncles, brothers, grandfathers, and teachers, take time to seek them out and include them include them in your families’ lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!