Saturday, August 31, 2013

One Potato, Two Potato, Sweet Potato, More
That's what I'm talking about, more sweet potatoes. Well I don't mean more in number, just more in size, doubling in size, in fact. The cause is global warming, rising levels of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere causes sweet potatoes to grow bigger and sweet potatoes are the fifth most important food crop in the developing world. Studies on the effects of higher atmospheric carbon dioxide levels have also shown that yields of soy, rice, and wheat increase too but the sweet potato produces more edible energy per day. Previous studies on wheat, and other grains also showed the protein content dropping when grown under higher carbon dioxide levels so tests are being run now to determine whether or not the sweet potato loses nutritional value under the same circumstances. I hope not but even if the nutrient level is less I can always find ways to eat one potato, two potatoes, sweet potatoes more! Lately I've been making my own sweet potato chips. I just wash them, slice them thin, and arrange them on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, sprinkle with sea salt, and pop them in the oven turning once as they bake to a sweet scrumptious delicious crunch. That's just how much I like sweet potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!