Thursday, August 15, 2013

3 Things No One Told Me about Blogging..

Three things no one told me about Blogging…
Usually I would begin this post by defining how I came to learn these three things but here I will just jump straight to the point (or 3 points) as follows:
1.      No one told me blogging is addictive. My day doesn't feel right when I don’t do it. In the beginning blogging was writing practice and though it still is, it’s become more than just that. Blogging helps me organize my thoughts and after 300+ posts it’s become a routine part of my day yet lots more fun than taking a vitamin or doing house cleaning.
2.      No one said I would find myself weighing my day to day experiences by how bloggable they might or might not be. I also find myself reading and weighing things in the news for whether or not my opinion on them is blog worthy. I also have a bunch of items that my inner editor thinks may share too much personal information or might share a too controversial side of an argument (sometimes known as my opinion) so I keep them to myself.

3.      No one told me how much I would like a captive audience even if it’s mostly the computer.  I probably could have guessed this from my former life as a teacher, but the computer doesn't need its pants snapped or nose or other things wiped like kindergarten students. I guess what I am saying is instead of needing to find ways to motivate kids and myself blogging has narrowed my focus to just self-motivation. I like to write (just not lesson plans) and blogging requires a self-commitment and I like feeling validated as I fulfill that commitment by Blogging!   

1 comment:

  1. And you do an excellent job! Lots of things to know and learn and you provide the impetus!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!