Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The One Investment You Need Most For A Successful Retirement

I got the title for this blog post from MSN Money but where they advise putting most of your money into low-cost index funds and ETFs as the one investment one needs most for a successful retirement, I beg to differ. When I saw the picture of a smiling gray haired couple with golf clubs on their shoulders and smiles on their faces I thought for sure I could predict the obvious answer to what the one thing would be but I guessed wrong. Be that as it may I think MSN is incorrect on this one, investing in your health is what you need most for a successful retirement, according to me! Income from those low-cost index funds and ETFs is nice and all but you need good health to enjoy retirement and spend the money you earned by investing or saving. This leads me to another headline, one I saw yesterday and noticed once again today in the (as a hint maybe?)… Never Too Late: 10 Ways to Get Active at Any Age. This list struck a chord with me because it took me till retirement to get really focused on improving my health risks. Work, family, and stress derailed my efforts many times but now I hear comments on how retirement suits me (meaning I look healthier now rather than my old coworkers just seem happy not to see me at work anymore!). Anyway, I believe the second title to be true. It’s never too late to embrace and benefit from a healthy lifestyle. So log off, shut down, and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!