Monday, April 13, 2015

Pennies from Heaven
Found two while Fiff and I were out for our early morning run. Not sure where they came from but they somehow managed to land right where I could find them. Besides being the title of a song, Pennies from Heaven are sometimes considered a portent or sign. I’d always heard, See a penny? Pick it up. All the day you’ll have good luck! But the common meaning is one of unexpected benefits, especially financial ones to come. With this week’s IRS filing (and if owing-paying) deadline it would be nice if the pennies signified a big return. Not good luck for me because they don’t signify any tax refunds so on to another meaning.
Pennies from heaven are also sometimes thought to be sign from a spirit, sometimes a deceased loved one letting you know they are okay or sent from an angel that’s been missing you. I recently joined a running support group, Megs Miles, a group that runs to honor the memory of a runner, Meg Menzies, who was killed by a drunk driver last year while out on a run and left behind a husband and three young children. Her story has inspired many and often I read posts written by runners who feel her presence motivating them to keep going. Maybe Meg was sending Fiff and me reminders to keep on keeping on as we had been on the run for 40 minutes and still had a ways to go.

Or…Maybe those two pennies were somebody giving me back my two cents, thinking maybe I’d lost it. I do have a habit of putting in my two cents on a pretty regular basis whether people want it or not so if that’s it, thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!