Friday, April 24, 2015

Cubs on the Rumor Mill

This is the only time of the year that I actually miss having cable TV, baseball season. In truth I have only turned my TV on once this month and that was last night to watch the Blacklist. But this morning as I was browsing MSN the 15 Major League Baseball Rumors that You Need to Know caught my eye and I knew I was going to click on it to see if any involved my lovable losers, the Cubs. The last and most recent four games I’d been to see in person rather than on the tube (three against the Rays at Tropicana Field and one in Atlanta against the Braves) were all Cub losses. In addition to seeing my favorite team play I got to go on a lost car adventure with a bunch of grandsons after the game in St. Petersburg which ended with a ride in the back of a police cruiser that the boys still talk about today. Then not too long ago Mr. Cub, Ernie Banks, (a wonderful ballplayer and gentle spirit, one of my all-time favorite Cubs) passed away so after all my reminiscing, of course I had to check the rumor mill. There was one rumor regarding the Cubs and the possible trade of short stop, Starlin Castro. If they don’t trade him will he stay at short stop? These are the questions being tossed about but personally I hope the Cubbies keep him and maybe this will be the season I figure out how to watch some Cubs games on this computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!