Thursday, March 19, 2015

Spring Break is NOT a Break for Everyone

It is spring break season and I am hearing a lot about towns trying to tame the spring break crowds and how the kids have migrated around in the south each season. Some of the latest destinations are in the panhandle these days’ vs the Atlantic coastal areas. I have always loved the gulf beaches, personally, but for some people spring break is not a break and one of those people is me. Spring break for me means spring cleaning and yard work and neither are all that much fun especially when you've “let things go” around the house and yard, so to speak. Yes, I am guilty and now I have to pay the price just when the weather is getting decent. I had to pull the extra trash can out this week and take it completely full to the curb with the city trash can and my recycling bin. Yep, spring cleaning means culling clutter, (I almost wrote crap the honest albeit less appropriate word) and I started putting things on the curb the day before trash day so some of the items could be someone else’s treasure. Surprisingly enough some things were gone by morning (and not just blown into the ditch) so I guess the old adage one woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure is actually true. I did take some pleasure in painting fish in a barrel on my rain barrel after dumping out a bunch of slimy pine needles and cleaning out well for the lack of a better descriptor, a lot of green, smelly, slime. There is that at least. Spring Break, which only lasts a week, will probably be over in a blink of an eye as I continue to toil with spring cleaning and yard work until summer begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!