Monday, November 17, 2014

Ways to Add Years to Your Life

Did you know the average lifespan for us is 78.7 years? This blogger will reach that number in about fifteen years. Recently our family lost a good friend who was even further away from that number than me, twenty years short of the average lifespan. I wonder why we sometimes wait until we lose someone to consider our own mortality. These are a couple of reasons why I decided to click on an article about ways to add years to my life. Some of these ways were a surprise to me, like the fact that running 5 to 10 minutes each day even slowly (rather than the mileage goals I set for myself) makes a big difference by reducing the risk of death from heart disease. Others were things I already knew about (adopting a furry four legged companion or getting good sleep) and even better already do, like starting my day off with coffee. Happiness matters too so maybe watching funny You Tube videos isn't a total mismanagement of my time, along with snacking on nuts or enjoying a sip of wine (light alcohol consumption). These are not just okay but good for me. I also found a few areas that I can definitely improve on, including sitting (in front of this computer) less and flossing more. I guess my point this time might be to commit to not taking life (and health) for granted. This life can be fleeting, so take time to appreciate it and take purposeful steps to develop habits that can add years to yours. I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!