Saturday, November 8, 2014

Craft Fair Fun in the Sunny Bahamas

Lots of baskets, pottery, carved wood statues, and a few crocheted hats too, changed hands today at the annual fall craft fair at AUTEC on Andros. I had a table in a sunny spot on the lawn so it was a good thing my chair had its own attached umbrella. When in doubt, bring your own shade. It was nice seeing folks that had bought hats from me at last year’s fair and even nicer when they wanted another hat this year. I also had fun teaching some future crocheters the basics. My pupils were a pair of eight year old girls and another that was thirteen. As quickly as the older girl caught on, I figure I’ll have some good crocheted hat competition at next year’s fair. I also made friends with their grandmother, the basket seller at the table beside mine. My favorite bus driver’s wife was at the fair too and we perused some You Tube videos on making wire wrapped rings and such. All in all it was a profitable day for me at the craft fair and it was especially nice to see friends and make new friends too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!