Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Site for Sore Eyes
My husband returned for a week and although I like to believe it’s because he wants to be with me (which he assures me he does), there is also business to take care of as well. In this case, he had developed a cataract and in his job on the island, vision is a principle asset. Fortunately for us, Seaside Ophthalmology is relatively close by in Brunswick, Georgia with a satellite office in Kingsland. We've had the opportunity to use them before and know from the experience they are the “go to” ophthalmologists. In case you didn’t know, a cataract is formed by proteins bonding on the lens of your eye. In my husband’s case, it caused him to feel like he was looking through frosted glass and if left alone will continue to get progressively worse. An ophthalmologist, unlike an optometrist which most people refer to as an “eye doctor”, deals with the health and diseases of the eye. Dr. Angela Scott, our ophthalmologist, performs cataract surgery and replaces the frosted lens with a new clear lens; restoring vision to the affected eye. The whole operation took less than an hour; not because it was easy but because Dr. Scott and her staff are very proficient, efficient, and organized. No pun intended but they have the whole operation down to a science. Her clinic has two facilities, one for examination and one for surgical procedures including a pre-op/post-op area and an operation theater that has state of the art equipment. I had taken a bag full of  “to do” crochet projects but only got one done and they were calling me to drive my husband home. Although I’ll be keeping an eye on him, I’m confident that thanks to Dr. Scott and Seaside Ophthalmology, my husband will be confidently saying, “Here’s looking at you, Sweetheart!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!