Monday, July 15, 2013

It’s OK to be seen doing WHAT in public now?
Whew! I was so relieved to read this because I do it in public all the time and wasn't even aware that it wasn't (at one time anyway) appropriate to be seen doing it in public! And even better news, from other stuff I've read it appears that it might even be becoming trendy once again. And finally, it’s no longer the redheaded stepsister to knitting, which I also enjoy. So yep, lately I find myself doing it in public, crocheting. And I have branched out from my mother’s favorite afghans, dresser shawls, and granny squares to all kinds of things thanks in a large part to friends and on line tutorials (You Tube) that have taken over showing me how to, like my mother used to. So I've created a bunch of animal hats and diaper cover sets for babies, really great bags for all kinds of things from laundry to groceries to beach stuff, and scarves with fashionable ruffles or pockets for carrying a cold one at outdoor sporting events or bonfires. But the next project I want to try is yarn bombing! Shannon, want to yarn bomb Babe the Big Blue Box? I hear it could use a bit of a makeover.

I’ll end this here by adding that I am not going around wearing the big yellow button my Mom gave me proudly announcing I’m a Happy Hooker! you can just figure that out from the crochet hook, yarn, and smile on my face whenever you see me doing it in public. And I will post an update on my yarn bombing project in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!