Saturday, July 6, 2013

Hidalgo

Hidalgo

So I was playing WORDS with friends, a rematch with my daughter Nicole, and my first set of letters made the word hidalgo, and I played it not knowing if it was a word or not. I wasn't truly surprised to find out that it was because after all WORDS with friends considered it one, and it was worth 52 points. Way to start the game, I thought and then I figured I’d look up hidalgo. Anyway a simple definition is not what came up first. Instead there were references to a horse named Hidalgo and the movie with Viggo Mortensen based on the legend of the American distance rider Frank Hopkins. There’s also a couple of places with the name Hidalgo, a state in Mexico and a Hidalgo County in Texas. I had to type in hidalgo definition to get a one and I found out that hidalgo is a noun that names the traditional title of Spanish noblemen or gentry. So now I know what hidalgo means, besides being a great seven letter word that will ultimately lead to another victory (also a seven letter word) in the game. OlĂ©! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!