Sunday, April 28, 2013


Shark Bite Update from Andros
I tried to come up with a good title for this blog post, and here are a few I tossed to the side. First I tried I Can’t Believe I (almost) Ate the Whole Thing or I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! But those sounded too commercial. Then I considered The One That (almost) Got Away! But that was too Katie Perry. Or another take on a song lyric changing it from, Just One Look, That’s all It Took to Just One Bite, I thought I Might. I gave up on Take a Bite Out of Crime, well you can figure the problem here. I didn’t want to offer up a bite of the snorkelers, Captain Jim, or the boat, even though the shark obviously did get a bite of the last one. You know what they say about how a picture can be worth a bunch of words? Well this picture says plenty and here is what Captain Jim had to say too.

I tried to run off a shark that was following some snorkelers but pissed him off instead. He hit my boat on the right side and before I could motor away he hit the left side and took a bite. No I don't know what kind of shark but it was about 4'- 5' and gray, yes the guys were carrying fish they shot out on the reef. Yes I made it back to the harbor. No, I won't do that again, and I got a $600.00 plus shipping quote to repair the 5"X7" hole. This just goes to show ya (No good deed goes unpunished!!)
I’m hoping those snorkelers know just how lucky they were to have Captain Jim around, and as you may have guessed it, I hear Captain Jim is looking for a new boat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!