Saturday, April 20, 2013


My Walking Desk
So far so good, I like it. I have decided since I finally cleaned the top of my desk (a huge undertaking that has left me feeling a lot more organized) to attempt to turn my desk into a walking or at least standing work place. If you know me, you know I don’t do tools so improvisation was necessary. Basically I have kicked my chair away from my desk, readjusted my goose necked desk lamp, and filched the stool I use to climb in my bed each night to use to elevate my laptop to the perfect height for standing room keyboarding only. There is no treadmill under foot yet but that’s not going to keep me from walking in place as I work. I figure that as long as I’m wearing flip flops or slippers (my usual footwear) I’m safer without one. Along with an innate inability to use simple tools, general large motor coordination is also not a big part of my skill set. What I mean here is even if though walking on a treadmill alone might be more than I can manage, keyboarding and treadmilling at the same time is definitely out of the question, kind of like walking and chewing gum. Right, I don’t do that either.
Here’s another thing. I have found I can crochet standing and walking too. I already knew I could crochet while watching TV but who knew? I also like to do macramé but that has been a standing activity for me for quite a while already. Music is better than TV for background noise, and helps one keep moving, in my case in front of my laptop, it is better with the webcam off. I also find myself less reliant on the desk lamp since the keyboard is closer to my line of vision so there’s another power saving benefit. And, like I wrote earlier, so far so good, though I did take a quick sit down break (in the bathroom) I believe this walking desk stuff is pretty doable for me. I’ll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!