Monday, September 16, 2013

Seasons Change
Fall is just around the corner. I just figured that out in an unusual way (for me at least). Living in the south where seasons change from summer to fall without the colors, no leaf peeping here, means relying on other more subtle changes. School starts in August so that really doesn't signal fall either regardless of the back to school fall fashions advertised. Kids may wear jeans to school but shorts are still the uniform of choice for Friday night high school football fans at least for the early part of the football season. The beach is still a great place to be on the weekends, even in fall. The ocean temperatures are still nice and sometimes a little less tepid. The idea that hurricane season extends to November first is another clue that the weather isn't a reliable indicator for fall either since hurricanes need warm water to form and gain the necessary strength to be considered, well, hurricanes.

I’ll get to the point. I was driving from Hilliard, FL to Cocoa Beach, FL (or grandchild to grandchild as I like to think of it) and though I had what I considered a pretty reasonably early start as the trip wore on the sun became lower and lower in the sky. Yep, I know it’s fall because the days are getting shorter. My night vision isn't that great either and like my chickens at home in Georgia I find myself feeling sleepy when the sun is going down. That’s another reason I am getting this blog on early, I don’t want to be burning daylight on this computer when I can spend it having fun with Brody. Oh fall, got to make the most of a day off school whenever you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!